Monday, August 11, 2008

To School We Will Go

Oh what a day! Today was the start of my second week at my new job (which is going great!) and the first day my little girls start pre-school. Grace started off this morning so confused! We’re taking her pretty early in the morning (practice for when Joey starts back next week) and since she’s always at home during the week and able to get up when she wants to she had NO idea why we would be waking her when it’s still “night night time” (a.k.a. dark outside). Once I told her she could get up and we could go to her new school there was no holding her back! She was SO excited! Seeing as it’s her first day I could not stand to be left out of this experience so Joey, Grace, Ethan and I all went to the school (yes, I know this breaks every rule in the kid drop off book - but I'm her Mom and the guilt of not being there WOULD actually kill me). Grace did great when we dropped her off - incidentally we thought it was funny that her classroom name is HUMOR (so appropriate for Grace!)

Come 4:30 Joey went to pick her up and was SHOCKED! He called me and said he would not permit her to go back to school from now on. I was panicked that we'd picked the wrong place or something bad happened - as it turns out, Grace claims to have found a “boyfriend”. We’ve spent the entire night telling her that she cannot have a boy friend until she’s 30 (those are the rules!) BUT it is okay to have a friend that’s a boy. We’ll see how that works out. Grace really like playing with all the kids and said her favorite part of the day was singing and dancing.

No comments: